2018 NYLT Course Registration is now Open!!
Click on 'Participant' and follow the instructions.
Save the date for the 2017 NYLT Course Post Graduation Challenge Celebration!!
When: Wedensday, February 7th, 2018, 7PM to 9PM
Where: Orange County council Office (off Dyer)
Participant Registration Process
OCBSA's NYLT fills up quickly. Submit your application early.
This page will help guide you through a successful participant registration.
- First Class (by Downhill)
- 14 years old (by the start of course). 13 years old ONLY with Course Director's approval (face-to-face meeting required).
- Completed full week of Boy Scout summer camp.
- Scoutmaster approval and signature on application.
Venturing, Sea Scouts:
- 14 years old by start of course.
- Unit Leader approval and signature on application.
- YPT and Venturing YPT if over 18 years old before start of course. Certificate must be turned in with application.
- Boy Scouts:
Download the forms (Register - Forms)
- BSA National ABC medical form
- OCBSA NYLT Participant Registration Packet
- Get your unit leader's approval and signature on the participant application form
Send complete registration packet by postal mail to the course registrar (Contact - Registrar)
Code of Conduct
Completed National Medical Forms A and B now
Part C must be received by June 1st.
Copy of health insurance card - both sides
Additional medication permission form - required for prescription medication
YPT and Venturing Youth Protection certificate (if over 18 years old) - Venturing only
- Receive approval from NYLT Course Registrar by email or letter before paying via Camp-Master.
- (Optional) Apply for a Campership (Scholarship)
Pay the $250 course fee for the course through Camp-Master
- eMail Camp-Master payment receipt to NYLT Registrar.
- There will be a non-refundable $50 fee for any cancellation before June 1st. No refunds for cancellations on or after June 1st.
- Once the above steps are completed, you will receive a Welcome letter with additional information.
Registration Forms Completion Information:
- All forms are on the website. Please fill in the forms completely and don't forget required signatures. Illegible or incomplete forms will be returned.
- Fill in the immunization dates on the form. DO NOT attach immunizations charts and copies.
- No spaces will be held for incomplete, illegible forms and/or payment alone. ONLY COMPRETED AND ACCEPTED FORMS PLUS COMPLETED PAYMENTS WILL SECURE A SPOT.
- All payments for participants are made through Camp-Master. Link will be provided after your course registration has been approved.
Important Registration Information:
Medical Form C is the annual physical required by National. This is due as soon as possible, no later than June 1st. If your Medical Form C is not received by June 1st the applicant will be placed on a wait list. Your space will not be reserved. All confirmations are based on complete forms, received fees, and approval of the Course Director.
Please also reference our extensive Frequently Asked Questions pages before contacting the registrar or medic.