As staff you can help promote the course in the following ways:
First have the course dates and costs on hand. You can also print the Short Overview of NYLT to make a nice handout. Don't print the application form as a handout - its a fillable-PDF meant to be edited on the computer and then printed or emailed. All registration and payments are via Camp-Master. The NYLT Participant calendar and forms pages are a rich resource and give precise instructions.
Places to promote Orange County Council's National Youth Leadership Training are:
- Your local unit Patrol Leader Council
- Troop and crew meetings
- Unit campouts and activities
- Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops/Crews
- Parent committee meetings
- Order of the Arrow chapter meetings
- Order of the Arrow Camp Promotions team
- District Camporee info booth
- Scout-O-Rama booth
- University of Scouting booth
- Social media posts
- Personal invitations Resources you have available are:
- NYLT experienced staff
- OCC BSA NYLT Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/NYLTocbsa
- NYLT website http://nylt.ocbsa.org
Remember, as an NYLT trained youth, you set the example for the younger scouts who seek to follow your good example.
Always live the Scout Oath and Law. Be-Know-Do.
Orange County Council NYLT Video
Download the youth staff produced promotional video to show offline at a meeting with right-click+save-as: